Chinese Man, carried by Chinese Man Records label, is a collective French trip hop band created in 2004 and originally from Aix-en-Provence. They draw their influences from hip-hop, funk, dub, reggae and jazz.
Chinese Man is composed of DJ Marseille Zé Mateo and High Ku and beatmaker SLY. Beatmakers Leo the bug and Yan also revolve around the group and participate in the composition of several pieces. The group became known through the song I've Got That Tune was chosen by Mercedes-Benz for its promotional campaign and that of the French Film Festival in Hong Kong as its theme.
Chinese Man Records label is based in Marseille, France.
- 2005 : The Bootlegs Sessions
- 2007 : The Groove Sessions Volume 1
- 2009 : The Groove Sessions Volume 2
- 2011 : Racing With The Sun
- 2012 : Remix With The Sun
- 2012 : Live à la Cigale
- 2014 : The Groove Sessions Volume 3
Maxi vinyls Chinese Man
- 2005 : The Pandi Groove EP, 4 tracks
- 2006 : The Bunni Groove EP, 6 tracks including "I've Got That Tune"
- 2007 : The Indi Groove EP, 5 tracks
- 2008 : The Groove Sessions Vol.1, 14 tracks
- 2009 : Hong Kong Dragon Speaking EP, 4 tracks
- 2009 : The Groove Sessions Vol.2, 16 tracks
- 2011 : Miss Chang EP, 4 tracks
- 2012 : Racing + Remix With the Sun, 26 tracks
- 2014 : Once upon a time EP
- 2014 : The Groove Sessions Vol.3, 14 tracks
Maxi vinyls solos (label Chinese Man Records)
- 2008 : SLY- Small City Music EP, 8 tracks
- 2008 : Leo Le Bug - Le Pudding EP, 4 tracks
- 2010 : Leo Le Bug / LeYan - Split EP, 8 tracks
- 2012 : Deluxe - Polishing Peanuts, 6 tracks
- 2013 : Deluxe - Daniel, 4 tracks
- 2013 : Deluxe - The Deluxe Family Show, 12 tracks
- 2013 : LeYan & TomaPam - Sputnik Moment, 45T 2 tracks